From time to time, I can’t help but define my life as a “mess”. With everything that goes on in our lives – from work, kids, school, anxiety, relationships, personal perceptions, etc. – it’s hard not to. And why does it always have to happen at the same time?
Everyone has gone through similar situations when life seems like it’s all crashing down around you. In these moments, it may seem difficult to stop and think about all the things in life you are thankful for. However, I’ve found that doing so can change your current distressed state of mind and mood.
Here’s a list of things I am thankful for today:
1. I’m thankful for my health.
2. I’m thankful for this new day. It’s like a chance to start over again!
3. I’m thankful for Pandora. Music keeps me sane.
4. I’m thankful for my friendships, both old and new.
5. I’m thankful for coffee. Because who isn’t?
6. I’m thankful for deep breaths.
7. I’m thankful for post-it notes.
8. I’m thankful for my supportive family.
9. I’m thankful for allergy/cold medication – especially this time of year.
10. I’m thankful for the chance to be thankful for something every single day!
So, next time you start to feel overwhelmed by this messy thing we call life, I encourage you to take a step back and think about what you are thankful for. It just might change your day!
For more information about well-being, visit the online health library at www.shannonhealth.com.Tweet